Thinking of heading to Canberra for the Easter long weekend, but not sure what’s on? Here at Avenue Hotel we have put together our top 10 activities to enjoy! The best part is there is something for everyone.
1. National Folk Festival, 29 March - 2 April
A regular on the Easter long weekend calendar. Enjoy this vibrant festival that is the ultimate celebration of all things folk.
2. 3D Printing Easter Chocolates, Thursday 29 March
How cool is this! 3D print your own chocolate bunny to take home.
3. Cartier: The Exhibition at the National Gallery of Australia, 30 March - 22 July
Enjoy a range of experiences on offer as part of this exhibition, exclusive to Canberra.
For accommodation packages please click here.
4. Tidbinbilla Sanctuary Celebrations,30 March - 2 April
Tidbinbilla have put together a fabulous list of events for March and Easter. Discover our natural world and see our native animals in their natural setting.
5. The Great Corin Forest Easter Egg Hunt, 30 March - 2 April
Have a hopping great time at Corin Forest with a visit from the Easter Bunny every day at 11am and 1pm from Good Friday. Bookings are essential, to this free event, so every egg-hunter has plenty to find.
6. The Duxton Adults Only Easter Egg Hunt, Saturday 31 March
The Duxton at O’Connor are open all Easter long weekend, and know there is a big kid in us all. Their inaugural Adults Only Easter Egg Hunt will be happening between 3pm and 8pm. You will not only search for delicious treats, but be rewarded with dinner vouchers, drink cards and more.
7. The Great Easter Egg Trail 2018 at the Museum of Australian Democracy, Sunday 1 April
Follow the clues to crack the code and collect a yummy prize, all while exploring the iconic Old Parliament House.
Bookings are essential to this free event.
8. Easter lunch at Pialligo Estate, Sunday 1 April
Celebrate Easter with a three course lunch at the Estate in the Glasshouse.
9. Portobello Road on Easter Sunday at the Old Bus Depot Markets, Sunday 1 April
Hunt for antiques, jewellery and collectables at this themed markets.
10. Yarralumla Play Station 2018 Easter Egg Hunt, Sunday 1 April
It’s back for another egg-citing year, with eggs blanketing one of the their miniature golf courses! Tickets include lots of goodies, so check them out.